Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Marshmellowy Mother's Day!

My Mother Can Do Anything.
My Mother Can Make Marshmellows and make 5 dozen zwiebach at the same time.

To make marshmellows - boil sugar and water and gelatin together until it gets to soft-ball stage. (Add maraschino cherry juice to make it pink, just for fun.) Let it cool down, then beat until it triples in volume.
Once tripled in volume, spread it in a small pan coated in icing sugar and let set for a few hours.
Roll in coconut, and you got yourself the treats pictured at the top of the post. After finishing these, Mom said it was too much work.

To me, It seemed a lot easier than the zwiebach going on at the same time. My mother has a gift for the most amazing breads and buns. I love to cook, but I leave the baking to my mom!

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

No comments: